A contemporary take on Scandinavian design the Skandy Concrete collection features timeless forms with a stunning concrete table top. Rigorously tested to withstand staining the Skandy Concrete Collection offers the best of both Scandinavian and contemporary design.
Style Contemporary/Modern Scandinavian
Colours Available Black leg with Antique White Concrete or Oak with Natural Grey Concrete
Timber Rubberwood or Oak depending on colour selection
Construction The Skandy has an oil-based polyurethane coating to help prevent staining. Each top is cast in concrete by a specialist concrete factory and has with its own unique texture. The black rubberwood legs feature adjustable stoppers on the feet to ensure you get the perfect level surface – no wobbles here!
Quality Assurance and Warranty
Rigorously tested for correct measurements, colour, wood moisture (internals included), load bearing and construction strength. Available with Warranty, please click here to download.
We try our best to ensure photography depicts colours as accurately as possible. Colours can appear different depending on the type of display you are viewing from, therefore we recommend viewing in person for true colour representation.
- The concrete tops on our tables have been hand finished which makes each piece unique with no two pieces the same. Over time the surface will develop a lived in look, which is perfectly normal & part of their unique character
- Concrete is a porous material that absorbs liquids. Citrus juices, vinegar, oils, red wine and berry juice can stain or damage the surface if these spills are not attended to immediately. Sealers have been used to reduce the absorbency of the concrete, however the surface will only ever be stain resistant, not stain proof. This is why any spills should be attended to immediately
- Buying our concrete collections means understanding that the concrete can and will develop character & a lived-in look over time. The appropriate care will ensure that it stays beautiful for many years
- There are two basic types of care for concrete tops – general cleaning and periodic application of protective sealer
- General cleaning: Clean spills as soon as possible using a neutral pH cleaner such as mild soap in warm water with a dishrag or sponge. Cleaners containing abrasives should not be used as they can damage the surface & sealers
- Protective sealers: Coating sealers should be applied by the homeowner on a regular basis, monthly or just every few months depending on the level of protection wanted. They come in a variety of types and finishes – liquid, paste wax or spray on, semi-gloss, natural and wet-look. Dunlop Clear Sealer or Briwax are available from most hardware stores and are suitable for use
- Concrete tops commonly develop hairline cracks, which are perfectly normal & don’t signal any structural failure or damage, but they are more susceptible to absorbing liquid and should be sealed if or when they occur. Knives can cut through the sealer creating weak spots. Concrete tops should not be used as cutting boards, and avoid setting hot pans and dishes directly onto the concrete without using heatproof placemats.
Made in Vietnam